The following products are available for Suzuki Jimny GJ:
- Sliding windows
- Expedition windows (gull wings)
- Explore Overlander Light (new)
- Window guards
The windows are completely consistent with the original dimensions of your side window, so these can be installed easily and quickly.
The sliding part of the window is mounted in a specifically developed sliding system, which makes it immune to the accumulation of dirt in the slide channel. It is a system we are using for at least 20 years in the coachbuilding industry and it guarantees long-term low maintenance.
The sliding window from Explore Glazing is fitted with an easily operated lock mechanism and is adjustable in various positions. The edges of the glass are polished for optimum performance and safety.
All sliding windows are fitted with 4 mm toughened safety glass, certified ECE R-43 and DOT and available in privacy grey, light transmission 20% (tinted 80%) and parsol green, light transmission 57% (tinted 43%).
Expedition windows (gullwing)
Use the expedition window – also known as ‘gullwing’ - for a quick and easy access to the loading space of your Jimny.
This window too has the same dimensions as the original side window of your Jimny and can be installed quickly and easily.
An aluminum plate, equipped with two robust gas springs and two lockable compression latches, ensures a perfect seal.
The entire gullwing - the frame and the hinged part - is finished with a black, high-quality industrial powder coating (RAL 9005) and is therefore insensitive to discoloration due to weather influences.
The gullwing is completely pre-assembled and ready to be mounted in your Jimny!
In addition to the aluminum version, the gullwing is also available with 5 mm tempered safety glass with ECE 43R and DOT certification available in the colour privacy grey, light transmission 20% (tinted 80%) and parsol green light transmission 57% (tinted 43%).
The gullwings can be used in both the left and right side of the vehicle. The maximum opening angle is approximately 120 degrees.
Explore Overlander Light
A unique combination of a hinged table and window guard with the possibility to attach expedition equipment on your vehicle.
The Overlander fits on your Explore Glazing window. The hinges and locks of the Overlander are completely mounted on the window frame, so that no holes need to be drilled in the body of your vehicle. This completely prevents leakage and corrosion. The Overlander remains within the overall dimensions of the Explore Glazing window.
The Overlander is made of a 5 mm aluminum plate and is finished with the same high-quality industrial black powder coating (RAL 9005) as the Explore Glazing windows. Detachable, adjustable straps with stainless steel hooks allow you to open the Explore Overlander at any angle or fold it down completely for maximum access to the interior of your vehicle.
The Overlander adds only 16 mm on the body and offers additional options for attaching your equipment without obstructing the rear view. The space between the Explore Glazing window and the Overlander is 9 mm, so that there is sufficient space for mounting various bolts on the inside of the Overlander.
There are also various mounting points included:
- Vertical 2 x 2 slotted holes 30 x 5.5 mm for lashing strap,
- Horizontal 2 x 3 holes 4.2 mm for mounting airline rails with an intermediate size of 160 mm.
The Overlander has the same design as the existing window guards from Explore Glazing, which still allows daylight to enter.
The Explore Overlander is offered as a do-it-yourself package and consists of the following parts:
- 1 x aluminum plate
- 2 x hinge, black coated Zinc die-cast with stainless steel parts
- 2 x index plunger black coated Zinc die-cast with stainless steel parts and stainless steel closing brackets
- 2x fastening strap with stainless steel hooks
- All necessary mounting material (stainless steel).
All materials and parts are of European origin and of the highest quality.
- drill 4.2
- drill 5.0
- tap M5
- Torx bit (tamper-resistant)
Explore Overlander airline rails
For mounting sandboards or other equipment, we have developed our own airline profile with the same industrial powder coating as our other products (RAL 9005).
- Set of 2 pieces
- Material specification EN AW-6063 T66
- Dimensions 28x11 mm (wxh)
- Weight 500 grams / meter
- Holes with diameter 20mm, intermediate size 25mm.
- Equipped with 3 countersunk holes 5.3 for mounting on the Overlander (stainless steel M5x8 included)
Overlander Accessory Pack
- 2 x 25mm strap 2.5 mtr with stainless steel clamp buckle
- 4 x single stud airline fiitting, black plastic housing, 500 DaN
- 4 x butterfly fitting M8x25 galvanized steel
- 4 x butterfly fitting M8x60 galvanized steel
- 4 x lockable M8 safety star knob black plastic
- 2 x folding key with stainless steel insert, red plastic
For all Explore Glazing sliding windows and gullwings, a window guard has been developed with the following unique product features;
- Unique design, which exactly follows the contours of the window profile.
- Fixation on the window profile with the following advantages:
- the bodywork is not damaged by mounting holes, which can result in untreatable rusting in the hollow spaces of the bodywork;
- easy to return to its original state;
- the possibility to mount airline rails, which is often not possible with the conventional window guards.
The window guard offers optimum protection of the glass during your off-road adventures and the sliding window can remain open for optimum ventilation while driving, for you and your fellow passengers, and when staying overnight in the car.
For mounting on the Explore Glazing window, use the supplied M5*10 torx security screws with corresponding bit, so that it cannot be removed from outside without the right tools.
The window guard is made from a 3 mm aluminum plate and provided with the same industrial black powder coating as the Explore Glazing windows. Color RAL9005.
A window guard has also been developed for the gullwing for optimum protection of the glass in your gullwing!