Explore Glazing has developed a number of unique products especially for the Toyota Land Cruiser 75 & 78:
- Halfdrop window for the middle window
- Explore Overlander Light
Explore Glazing has developed for the middle window of your Troopy a halfdrop window.
This window opens vertically from top to bottom (halfdrop) and offers optimal ventilation across the entire width of the window. The Explore Glazing halfdrop window has an easy-to-use lock and can be locked in various positions. The glass edges are polished to ensure optimal function and safety. The window is equipped with 4 mm tempered safety glass, ECE 43R and DOT certified and only available in dark gray LT20%.
The halfdrop window is particularly suitable for Overlanders who want to make optimal use of the available space but want to ventilate well during their trip and overnight stays.
- Optimal use of space in your Troopy
- Rising heat can be dissipated across the entire width
- Fresh air intake
The halfdrop window can be equipped with a window guard for optimal protection of the window and to prevent burglary.
Explore Overlander Light
A unique combination of a hinged table and window protection with the possibility to attach sandboards or other expedition equipment.
The Explore Overlander Light fits your Explore Glazing Troopy window. The hinges and locks are completely mounted on the window frame, so that no holes need to be drilled in the body of your Troopy. This completely prevents leakage and corrosion.
The Overlander remains within the overall dimensions of the Explore Glazing window, so that the original design of your Troopy is not interrupted.
The Explore Overlander is made of a 5 mm aluminum plate with a size of;
- Toyota middle window: 819 x 400 mm
- Toyota rear window : 812 x 400 mm
The aluminium plate is finished with the same high-quality industrial black powder coating (RAL 9005) as all Explore Glazing windows.
Despite the low weight of only 4 kg, the Explore Overlander Light can carry a weight up to 30 kg.
Detachable, adjustable straps with stainless steel hooks allow you to open the Explore Overlander Light at any angle or fold it down completely for maximum access to the interior of your Troopy.
The Explore Overlander Light adds only 16 mm on the body and offers additional options for attaching your equipment without obstructing the rear view.
The space between the Explore Glazing window and the Overlander is 9 mm, so that there is sufficient space for mounting other accessory.
There are also various mounting points included in the Overlander:
- Vertical 3 x 3 slotted holes 30 x 5.5 mm for lashing strap
- Horizontal 2 x 5 holes 4.2 mm for mounting airline rails with an intermediate size of 266.7 mm
The hole pattern with the same design as the window guards gives the Explore Overlander a friendly appearance and provides sufficient daylight.
The Explore Overlander Light is offered as a do-it-yourself package and consists of the following parts:
- 1 x aluminum plate
- 2 x hinge, black coated Zinc die-cast with stainless steel parts
- 2 x index plunger black coated Zinc die-cast with stainless steel parts and stainless steel closing brackets
- 2x fastening strap with stainless steel hooks
- All necessary mounting material (stainless steel).
All parts of the Explore Overlander and the Overlander Light are of european origin and of the highest quality.
- drill 4.2
- drill 5.0
- tap M5
- Torx bit (tamper-resistant)
Explore Overlander Airline rails
For mounting sandboards or other equipment, we have developed our own airline profile with the same industrial powder coating as our other products (RAL 9005).
- Set of 2 pieces
- Material specification EN AW-6063 T66
- Dimensions 28x11 mm (wxh)
- Weight 500 grams / meter
- Length Troopy middle window: 740 mm – Troopy rear window : 690 mm
- Holes with diameter 20mm, intermediate size 15 – 17.5 mm
- Equipped with 5 countersunk holes 5.3 mm for mounting on the Overlander (stainless steel M5x8 included)
- Also available untreated on request
An absolute must have during your offroad trip or overlanding tour:
- 2 x 25mm strap 2.5 mtr with stainless steel clamp buckle
- 4 x single stud airline fiitting, black plastic housing, 500 daN
- 4 x butterfly fitting M8x25 galvanized steel
- 4 x butterfly fitting M8x60 galvanized steel
- 4 x lockable M8 safety star knob black plastic
- 2 x folding key with stainless steel insert, red plastic
- 2 x rubber cover for airline rails